Urgently is the world’s leading roadside assistance platform. We expand mobility and transportation options for consumers, automotive, logistics, and technology companies. Analysts project travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030 from new services which means more things breaking. We help fix those things by offering a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time.
Urgently is proud that:
- We rank #6 out of 500 in Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 fastest-growing tech-forward companies in North America
- We rank #10 on the Financial Time’s 2020 list of fastest-growing companies
- We rank #221 on the 2020 Inc.5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
- We are backed by BMW, Porsche, Jaguar Land Rover and some of the world’s other biggest mobility companies. We work with some of the coolest brands on the planet!
Your mission is to serve as a critical member of our business intelligence team. Your role is to lead dynamic dashboard and report building, as well as ad hoc analytics and data model creation. Your job is to help our business become smarter and move faster.
Your legacy will include leaving Urgently with a wide variety of reports, dynamic dashboards, packaged analytic projects and models that are leveraged by the broader Urgently team to generate insights and drive business improvements. All of your output was known to be: 1) incredibly well structured and organized, and 2) clearly linked to positive business outcomes (e.g., increased revenue, reduced cost, improved customer retention, etc.). The work you did helped inform Urgently’s business direction and helped ensure we became the leading mobility platform. The result? You helped Urgently become the world’s leading mobility assistance company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1) Within the first 2 months:
- Become well versed on our Urgently business model and be able to advise Senior Business Leaders on ideal approaches to reporting and analyses
- Independently develop reports and dashboards in Excel, Tableau, and other similar data visualization and analytic tools. Leverage the analytic products that you build to generate insights and recommend strategies and tactics on how to improve the business
- Become well versed on the data tables/data in our production environment (raw data) and reporting database. Be able to independently pull data (e.g., leveraging SQL)
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with key business leaders from around Urgently, so that they are able to reach out to you for reporting and analytic support and guidance
2) Within the next 4 months:
- Continue to develop all of the skills mentioned above
- Begin taking the lead to scope and project manage reporting and analytics projects from start to finish
- Begin taking the lead to present your findings to senior leaders across the business
- Train key business leaders on how to deploy analytic techniques for their teams; teach them how to perform basic data pulls and how to generate insights for their teams. In other words, help us build more internal capacity around this.
- Continuously organize all of the insights that you’ve generated. You should continuously update shared folders for the BI Team and Urgently more broadly that represent a collective “Knowledge Repository”
- Everything mentioned above
- Apply cutting-edge approaches to reporting, model building, and analytic techniques (e.g., regression analysis, AI, machine learning, etc.)
- Continuously evolve your understanding of all things data and analytics
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a background in big data and analytics, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel) and substantial exposure to one or more data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau), including:
- An undergraduate degree and ideally 3+ years of experience in a related role, OR
- A graduate degree in data analytics or a related field and 1+ years of experience in a related role
- Data-driven and exceedingly practical mindset; directs analyses to generate insights to solve business problems
- Understanding of hypothesis-driven research
- Understanding of the fundamentals of business and finance
- Insatiable curiosity to understand the key drivers behind trends and business problems within the roadside assistance industry
- A desire to learn the “ins and outs” of what makes the Urgently B2B2C software model work
- Articulate and comfortable in presenting work and key findings to senior business leaders
- Energetic and positive outlook
- Self-aware – able to readily admit when you are wrong and have an open dialogue around optimal approaches to business problems
- Decision-oriented; capable of making decisions in the midst of incomplete or imperfect information
- Deep respect for diversity of thoughts, approaches, and backgrounds
- A desire to learn and be coached and a desire to coach others over time
- A good listener
- Preference given to candidates with any of the following:
- A background in Tableau or a similar data visualization tool
- Understanding of databases and SQL
- Understanding of statistics and/or statistical programming
- Prior experience in consulting
- Able to accommodate outside-business-hours requests on quick turnaround time (e.g., some night and weekend work for critical business needs), on an as-needed basis
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- Location = Great news! You have the option of working from anywhere in the U.S.
- Manager = You’ll report to our Head of Business Analytics
- Compensation = Commensurate with experience for a company of Urgently’s size
- Benefits = At Urgently, we have awesome benefits! They include competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits and stock options which give you a stake in our company. In addition, we offer short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, approx. 10 holidays off every year and unlimited paid time off. On top of all this, Urgently gives you free money when you save through our 401(k). We match 100% on the first 3% you contribute and then 50% of the next 2% you contribute. So, if you contribute 5% of your paycheck, we’ll match 4% of that.
OUR FAIR HIRING PRACTICES:
At Urgently, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We are an equal opportunity employer which means that employment and advancement at Urgently based on a person's merit and qualifications.
We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You should also know that we adhere to these same principles in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, access to benefits and training, discipline, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar applicable state laws. Please let us know if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process
For more information, visit www.geturgently.com