Urgently is the world’s leading roadside assistance platform. We expand mobility and transportation options for consumers, automotive, logistics, and technology companies. Analysts project travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030 from new services which means more things breaking. We help fix those things by offering a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time.
Urgently is proud that:
- We rank #6 out of 500 in Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 fastest-growing tech-forward companies in North America
- We rank #10 on the Financial Time’s 2020 list of fastest-growing companies
- We rank #221 on the 2020 Inc.5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
- We are backed by BMW, Porsche, Jaguar Land Rover and some of the world’s other biggest mobility companies. We work with some of the coolest brands on the planet!
Your mission is to maintain our cloud security risk to ensure it’s as close to zero as possible.
The legacy you’ll leave in this role includes Urgently having:
- Assurance that our cloud infrastructure is optimally protected from security breaches
- An easy way to visualize, monitor and predict any potential security events
- An easy way to implement security controls in hours rather than days
The result? You helped Urgently become the world’s leading mobility company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1) In your first 2 months:
- Fully understand our cloud platform and security implementation practices
- Review our incident management system for automation
- Review our user permissions and identities, ensuring there are adequate infrastructure protection and data protection measures
- Ensure remediation efforts for any gaps identified according to industry standards
2) First 4 months:
- Perform and document weekly security reviews
- Review rules in infrastructure firewall and automate them to guard against emerging threats
3) First 6 months:
- Demonstrate a level of comfort with all of our current tools and propose changes/improvements
- Automate incident response and recovery to help shift the primary focus of our security teams from response to analyzing root causes
4) First 8 months:
- Achieve full visibility of security events using logging and monitoring services
- Ingest this information into a scalable platform for event management, testing, and auditing
- Leverage event-driven automation to quickly remediate and secure our AWS environment in near real-time
- Meet compliance requirements and identify suspicious behavior from a comprehensive group of sources, including CloudTrail, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and other AWS services
- Identify vulnerabilities at all layers of application stack, and create a Threat Risk Index to assess our security posture
- Manage host and endpoint security to detect and protect against malware and other threats
- Help in assessing code, logic and application to determine security vulnerabilities
WHO YOU ARE:
The ideal candidate for this role has a background of working on a systems admin team, has worked on security teams and currently works as an AWS cloud security engineer.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- In-depth and demonstrable knowledge of AWS cloud and AWS Cloud Security.
- At least 4 years of experience implementing security in AWS preferably for environments that run many of AWS services including VPC, ALB, EC2, Lambda, S3, SQS etc.
- Expertise in Linux operating systems (CentOS, Amazon Linux, Ubuntu)
- Expertise in vulnerability management, threat management and secrets management
- High-level programming languages like Python
- Penetration testing
- Next Gen Firewall
- CIS benchmarks
- SSO technologies and enterprise authentication services
- Directory Services
- Configuration management tools like Ansible and orchestration like Terraform and Cloudformation
- Security/Network Forensics
- Minimum B.S. in computer science, information security or a related technology field
- You are hyper detail-oriented and keep detailed notes of what was observed, what was changed and why, using our Incident Management System
- You take security issues very seriously and ensure they are attended to in a timely manner. You proactively solve problems before they can become real problems
- You are constantly upgrading your skills to ensure you’re proactively addressing our current and emerging security issues and practices
- You follow industry trends and keep up with emerging cybersecurity threats
NICE TO HAVES:
- You have AWS cloud security and CISSP
- You are familiar with security tools like HIDS, vulnerability scanners, and antimalware solutions
Note: This role is not a DevOps Engineer/Cloud Engineer role.
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- Location = Great news! You have the option of working from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada!
- Manager = You’ll report to Urgently’s Technical Manager for Platform Infrastructure
- Compensation = Commensurate with experience for a company of Urgently’s size
- Benefits = At Urgently, we have awesome benefits! They include competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits and stock options which give you a stake in our company. In addition, we offer long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, and 10 holidays off every year and unlimited PTO. On top of all this, Urgently gives you free money when you save through our 401(k). We match 100% on the first 3% you contribute and then 50% of the next 2% you contribute. So, if you contribute 5% of your paycheck, we’ll match 4% of that.
OUR FAIR HIRING PRACTICES:
At Urgently, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We are an equal opportunity employer which means that employment and advancement at Urgently is based on a person's merit and qualifications.
We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You should also know that we adhere to these same principles in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, access to benefits and training, discipline, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar applicable state laws. Please let us know if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
For more information, visit www.geturgently.com