Urgent.ly’s Global Mobility and Roadside Assistance Platform sits at the center of expanding transportation options for consumers, logistics and technology companies. Analysts are projecting travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030, from new services, vehicles and uses. This means more things moving and more things breaking down. Urgent.ly delivers help through a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time. This is why Urgent.ly is the first choice of leading global brands trusted by millions of consumers across automotive, insurance, telematics and new technology transportation companies. For more information, visit https://www.geturgently.com.
We’re seeking an experienced financial leader to join our team in the role of Controller. The Controller, together with a growing team, will be responsible for a range of financial functions including financial operations, internal and external financial reporting, and financial systems and processes.
The ideal candidate will be ready to join a fast-paced environment and be excited to build, streamline and manage scalable processes to improve our financial operational efficiency in support of our continued growth.
· Oversee the activities of the accounting department, some of which are remote, resulting in the accurate and timely preparation of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
· Manage day-to-day financial operations and ensure reliable and efficient processes are in place for every critical operation. Together with your team, you will formulate and improve processes and metrics accounts payable, customer invoicing, and cash collections.
· Oversee the activities of the disbursement team,ensuring the accurate and timely processing of the day-to-day activities of accounts payable, service provider payments, employee expense reports, cash control and payroll processing
· Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all partner invoicing components including billings, cash receipts application, and credit memo issuance.
· Oversee the cash management for the company including managing day to day operating cash, forecasting, and purchasing card program.
· Provide direction on system related enhancements and improvements, monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate financial processes and implement new systems as necessary.
· Oversee the annual audit and GAAP financial statement preparation processes
· Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks,casualty/liability insurance agent(s), and credit card providers
· In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis
· Oversee and support an accounting and financial operations team with solid leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
· Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
· 8+ years of relevant work experience, ideally in the technology industry
· BA/BS in Accounting mandatory; additional degree in Finance also desirable
· Experience managing monthly close and financial reporting at a growth stage venture-backed or private equity-owned company
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels within an organization
· Command of GAAP; CPA strongly preferred
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; comfortable navigating large sets of data
· Experience with business software suites and tools such as QuickBooks Enterprise, ADP Run, Tableau, JIRA, ZenDesk is desired
· Self-motivation and desire to continually improve efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of processes
Urgent.ly provides competitive pay, stock options and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.