Urgently’s global mobility and roadside assistance platform sits at the center of expanding transportation options for consumers, logistics and technology companies. Analysts are projecting travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030, from new services, vehicles and uses. This means more things moving and more things breaking down. Urgently delivers help through a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time. This is why Urgently is the first choice of leading global brands trusted by millions of consumers across automotive, insurance, telematics and new technology transportation companies. For more information, visit http://www.geturgently.com.
Urgently is seeking a full-time Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). This position will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. The Director will play a critical role in the Company’s annual planning process, ongoing forecasts, variance analysis and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to Executive Leadership Team including preparing board presentations, financial presentations to current and future investors and other ad-hoc projects.
This position will work closely with the other members of the Accounting and FP&A team, CFO, and executive leadership team.
• Analyze current and past trends and seasonality in key performance indicators for forecasting revenue, cost of sales, and expenses
• Prepare monthly analysis that highlights the drivers of variances vs. the plan, prior forecast and prior months related to revenue, COGS, expenses, and headcount
• Manage the PO and headcount approval process and ensure linkage to the plan/forecast
• Oversee and manage the continued development of planning, forecasting, modeling tools, dashboards, and processes
• Provide ad hoc analysis as requested by management
• Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes
• Partner with Accounting team to support month-end and quarter-end close reporting; prepare reporting packages for various stakeholder groups
• Support department heads with timely analysis of departmental expenses; foster collaboration to identify future risks and opportunities and mitigation plans as applicable
• Routinely interface with Sales & Partner Management team to understand the pipeline of new business opportunities including timing and scale; support deal pricing
• Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team
• Education: BA or BS degree in Finance or Accounting required. Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or MA) preferred. 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Modeling: Must demonstrate elite-level Excel skills with the ability to create both integrated forecasting models as well as quick decision-making tools
• Presentation Skills: Must be detail-oriented, articulate with PowerPoint and focused on data visualization
• Reporting: Must be familiar with QuickBooks reporting; Power BI and/or Tableau experience ideal
• Analytical: You are inquisitive and seek meaningful, and perhaps hidden, correlation and causation between activity and data
• Collaborative: You work well with others and value different perspectives to problem-solving
• Action-oriented: You are biased towards action and constantly push towards clarity and delivery
• Creative: You seek new and innovative ways to analyze problems and develop solutions
• Passionate: You are passionate about data
• Succinct: You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly
• Gritty: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves to tackle something hands-on
• Persuasive: You clearly present your recommendations, back them up with data, and propose next steps
• Scrappy: You understand what it is to work in a start-up environment with limited resources
• Nimble: You are flexible and agile in changing business conditions
• Versatile: You can easily talk shop with developers and strategy with the Leadership Team
• Coachable: You desire to grow as an individual and welcome feedback and learning opportunities
Urgently is the leading Global Mobility and Roadside Assistance Platform sitting at the center of expanding mobility and transportation options for consumers, automotive, logistics and technology companies. Analysts project travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030, from new services, vehicles, and uses. This means more things moving and more things breaking down. Urgently delivers help through a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time. This is why Urgently is the choice of leading global brands trusted by millions of consumers across automotive, insurance, telematics and new technology transportation companies in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. For more information, visit https://www.geturgently.com
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.