Urgently is the world’s leading roadside assistance platform. We expand mobility and transportation options for consumers, automotive, logistics, and technology companies. Analysts project travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030 from new services which means more things breaking. We help fix those things by offering a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time.
Urgently is proud that:
- We rank #6 out of 500 in Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 fastest-growing tech-forward companies in North America
- We rank #10 on the Financial Time’s 2020 list of fastest-growing companies
- We rank #221 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
- We are backed by BMW, Porsche, Jaguar Land Rover and some of the world’s other biggest mobility companies. We work with some of the coolest brands on the planet!
Your mission is to build advanced analytics and data products solutions for us. You’ll be managing a team of analysts who will leverage data to build predictive models that help us develop new machine learning techniques that enable Urgently to accelerate its growth and serve more customers better and faster than our competitors.
You led a data products team that helped Urgently interpret and understand our roadside services business problems, analyzed data requirements, and recommended and built appropriate predictive models. By collaborating seamlessly across different departments you performed data exploration, created hypotheses, tested algorithms and scaled large data sets to validate results. You delivered powerful insights into our data used for our competitive advantage in our network operations team, our call center, and our claims department. The result? You helped Urgently become the world’s leading mobility assistance company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Build best-in-class predictive models and decision tools.
- Address Urgently business needs by leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical algorithms
- Identify and develop data sources to solve business problems
Develop frameworks/prototypes that integrate data and machine learning/ predictive models to generate new business
- Work with large partners to create new data services
- Establish predictive models for driver safety
- Research in connectivity within the vehicle
Utilize effective project planning techniques to break down complex projects into tasks, manage scope of projects, and ensure deadlines are kept
- Work directly with product managers to build and productize data-driven technology
- Work with stakeholders to ensure all projects meet their needs
- Communicate findings to key stakeholders to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into the business
- Success metric = Everyone in the business should be able to see what the product development pipeline looks like.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in quantitative fields such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics. You have proven experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven key company decisions.
- You are well rounded. You are technically proficient, mathematically agile, and business-oriented.
- You have proven experience in managing large, complex datasets. You have worked with many data sources to include system events data, mobile data, POI data, and third party data.
- You are adept at coding and developing prototypes.
- You have previous experience in transportation and logistics.
- You have proven knowledge of advanced modeling techniques such as classification/regression, spatial analysis, time series analysis. You have used location-based data to solve the optimization of complex customized networks in the mobility space.
- You are able to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data and you have trained and taught more junior modelers.
- Your communication skills set you apart. You are able to help internal business owners and partners clearly understand the value of data science and be a thought leader in data and roadside.
- You understand the concept of experimental design such as A/B testing and are familiar with statistical hypothesis testing.
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- Location = Great news! You have the option of working from anywhere in the U.S.
- Manager = You’ll report to our Chief Product Officer who is based in California.
- Compensation = Commensurate with experience for a company of Urgently’s size
- Benefits = At Urgently, we have awesome benefits! They include competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits and stock options which give you a stake in our company. In addition, we offer short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, approx. 10 holidays off every year and unlimited paid time off. On top of all this, Urgently gives you free money when you save through our 401(k). We match 100% on the first 3% you contribute and then 50% of the next 2% you contribute. So, if you contribute 5% of your paycheck, we’ll match 4% of that.
OUR FAIR HIRING PRACTICES:
At Urgently, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We are an equal opportunity employer which means that employment and advancement at Urgently is based on a person's merit and qualifications.
We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You should also know that we adhere to these same principles in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, access to benefits and training, discipline, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar applicable state laws. Please let us know if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process
For more information, visit www.geturgently.com