Urgently is the world’s leading roadside assistance platform. We expand mobility and transportation options for consumers, automotive, logistics, and technology companies. Analysts project travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030 from new services which means more things breaking. We help fix those things by offering a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time.
Urgently is proud that:
- We rank #6 out of 500 in Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 fastest-growing tech-forward companies in North America
- We rank #10 on the Financial Time’s 2020 list of fastest growing companies
- We rank #221 on the 2020 Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
- We are backed by BMW, Porsche, Jaguar Land Rover and some of the world’s other biggest mobility companies. We work with some of the coolest brands on the planet!
YOUR MISSION: You are in the forefront of developing new in-vehicle connected systems and services that will let drivers and passengers feel more safe, be more productive, stay connected and have peace of mind. As a result, drivers are more engaged with their vehicles and OEMS/Dealers more engaged with their customers.
YOUR LEGACY: You were a visionary, strategist, analyst, customer evangelist and respected leader. You defined the long-term strategy of the Connected Vehicle product, helping drive and support the technical delivery end to end. You drove the development of new products and services in the Connected Vehicle ecosystem. As a result, our systems are leading the industry with innovation in connectivity, in vehicle applications and advanced safety and service products. You worked closely with our OEM partners, internals and external engineering team and third parties to define the future of Connected Vehicle features and capabilities. Your leadership allowed you to successfully deliver delightful and differentiated products that drove the growth of the Urgently business and impacted customer lives and partner innovation. The result? You helped Urgently become the world’s leading mobility assistance company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Owns product end to end for Connected Vehicle solutions and build a strategic plan
- Create, manage, maintain, and communicate product vision and roadmap
- Consider a broad range of market intelligence which includes customer, competitive and industry intelligence
- Create a product roadmap with innovative differentiated products and services that will lead us in the field of connected car
Partner with business, internal/external stakeholders and Leadership understanding current customer needs and areas of opportunities
- Influence and drive acceptance of product concepts and deliver products to the market
- Lead discussions with external third parties to access partnership
- Work closely with customer engineering teams to understand requirements
- Influence the technical direction to build confidence in Urgently product delivery capabilities
- Properly communicate customer technical requirements
- Success metric = Interface with multiple groups to ensure customer expectations are being met
Conduct analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to identify product innovation ideas
- Assess opportunity size and impact to understand and communication value
- Work with data scientists to answer complex questions or identify meaningful insights from data
Assemble and maintain process
- Create metrics and dashboards to track and measure products success
- Manage all product delivery elements
- Provide status updates and represent the product internally to senior management
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have complete mastery of the business side. You are great at communication, customer research, product vision, feature definition, as well as technical architecture, dev and execution skills.
- You are excellent at product delivery and execution. You translated product solutions by writing detailed features and user stories for our dev team. You worked on highly complex products with multiple touch points across multiple teams. This would include the creation of prototypes and proof of concepts.
- You are a great leader demonstrating success through agile development. You own and manage the product backlog and priorities with our business and technology partners. You will work with internal and external teams to manage dependencies between projects and other swimlanes.
- You own the roadmap and people know it. You scope out and ensure alignment on the prioritization of projects based on business and customer impact. You also factor in technical debt and long term technical investment in the roadmap.
- You are always thinking about go-to-market strategies. You collaborate with stakeholders and dev/PMO teams to create and communicate anticipated releases. You work on supporting sales, marketing and other stakeholders with necessary product knowledge and documentation.
- You measure everything that matters. You identify, analyze and synthesize product use data and use the data to drive decisions. You generate and maintain dashboards and reports that track the product health and success metrics.
- You know to move quickly. You run pilot and beta programs with early stage products to learn and drive the business forward aggressively.
- Quality and performance matters to you. You are accountable for the product quality and performance in the production environment. You are also accountable for the product and dev teams response in the event of a major defect or blocker including communication to call stakeholders.
- You obsess over the success of your products. You identify the execution, operational and organization issues that prevent your product from being successful. You drive the improvement plan to change or resolve the issues.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
- Demonstrates complete mastery of business side skills including communication, customer research, product vision, feature definition and technical architecture.
- Proven technical leadership with experience working in the technology industry or automotive industry. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in an automotive tier-1 or tier-2 supplier of electronic components.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communication with leadership.
- Proven analytical skills with demonstrated ability and analyze product use data and use the data to drive decisions.
- Experience with agile backlog/project management tools
- Ability to develop initiatives, features, and user stories that the Development teams can ingest.
- Bachelor's Degree
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- Location = Great news! You have the option of working from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada!
- Manager = You’ll report to Chief Product Officer
- Compensation = Commensurate with experience for a company of Urgently’s size
- Benefits = At Urgently, we have awesome benefits! They include competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits and stock options which give you a stake in our company. In addition, we offer long-term disability, life insurance, and 10 holidays and personal days every year. On top of all this, Urgently gives you free money when you save through our 401(k). We match 100% on the first 3% you contribute and then 50% of the next 2% you contribute. So, if you contribute 5% of your paycheck, we’ll match 4% of that.
OUR FAIR HIRING PRACTICES:
At Urgently, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We are an equal opportunity employer which means that employment and advancement at Urgently is based on a person's merit and qualifications.
We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You should also know that we adhere to these same principles in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, access to benefits and training, discipline, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar applicable state laws. Please let us know if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process
For more information, visit www.geturgently.com