Urgently is the world’s leading roadside assistance platform. We expand mobility and transportation options for consumers, automotive, logistics, and technology companies. Analysts project travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030 from new services which means more things breaking. We help fix those things by offering a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time.
Urgently is proud that:
- We rank #6 out of 500 in Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 fastest-growing tech-forward companies in North America
- We rank #10 on the Financial Time’s 2020 list of fastest-growing companies
- We rank #221 on the 2020 Inc.5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
- We are backed by BMW, Porsche, Jaguar Land Rover and some of the world’s other biggest mobility companies. We work with some of the coolest brands on the planet!
Your mission is to lead the Service Provider Selection Development. Our providers are those who serve our customers when they have a roadside incident. This means you will own the feasibility and delivery of provider selection algorithms and our service quality and support.
Your legacy will include ensuring that every Urgently team across our growing organization is able to use service provider selection service in real-time using APIs and is able to assess both the quality and performance of the service in real-time. The result? You helped Urgently become the world’s leading mobility assistance company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1) First 2 months:
- Understand our platform development environment and philosophy
- Understand how our current Service Provider Selection works
2) First 6 months:
- Understand the mission of the Service Provider Selection system
- Take over the development of the existing Service Provider Selection
- Extend the Service Provider Selection to make it easy to configure
- Optimize our Service Provider Selection algorithms in collaboration with our data science team
- Involve in day to day challenges evolving in the service provider service Monitor critical alerts and daily logs and own the analysis
- Candidate will be responsible for inducing himself towards maintaining the operability of the service in the production environment
WHO YOU ARE:
Candidates for this role should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or a related technical field and 8+ years in software development in similar environments.
- They should also have a background in and experience with the following: In-depth and demonstrable knowledge of Spring Boot, Spring MVC framework and Microservices architecture
- Expert knowledge of Java language and ecosystem
- Data structures and fundamental algorithms
- Hands-on MySql and NoSql data systems
- Unit and system testing frameworks
- Detail Oriented: As a senior/lead engineer, you excel at keeping detailed documentation of what you and your team is developing.
- Dedicated: You operate the services that you and your team develop and take the quality of them very seriously. You care about how your work is performing in the real world.
- Problem Solving: You proactively solve problems before they can become real problems. You are constantly upgrading your skillset and applying that to be proactive about the current and emerging issues and practices.
- Technical Leadership: You are a technical leader and are always mentoring developers, designing and articulating the design to a team of developers.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with Apache SOLR / Elasticsearch
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with logistics software (delivery, transportation, route planning)
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- Location = Great news! You have the option of working from anywhere in the U.S.
- Compensation = Commensurate with experience for a company of Urgently’s size
- Benefits = At Urgently, we have awesome benefits! They include competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits and stock options which give you a stake in our company. In addition, we offer short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, approx. 10 holidays off every year and unlimited paid time off. On top of all this, Urgently gives you free money when you save through our 401(k). We match 100% on the first 3% you contribute and then 50% of the next 2% you contribute. So, if you contribute 5% of your paycheck, we’ll match 4% of that.
OUR FAIR HIRING PRACTICES:
At Urgently, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We are an equal opportunity employer which means that employment and advancement at Urgently is based on a person's merit and qualifications.
We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You should also know that we adhere to these same principles in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, access to benefits and training, discipline, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar applicable state laws. Please let us know if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
For more information, visit www.geturgently.com