Urgently is the world’s leading roadside assistance platform. We expand mobility and transportation options for consumers, automotive, logistics, and technology companies. Analysts project travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030 from new services which means more things breaking. We help fix those things by offering a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time.
Urgently is proud that:
- We rank #6 out of 500 in Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 fastest-growing tech-forward companies in North America
- We rank #10 on the Financial Time’s 2020 list of fastest growing companies
- We rank #221 on the 2020 Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
- We are backed by BMW, Porsche, Jaguar Land Rover and some of the world’s other biggest mobility companies. We work with some of the coolest brands on the planet!
YOUR MISSION: Your mission is to lead the Integration with partner systems. Partner systems integrate with us in various ways including call backs This means you will be responsible for efficient partner system integration, take security of our system and customer data in account, ensure the eligibility of the customer to send traffic to our system 99.99% of time.
YOUR LEGACY: Your legacy will include ensuring partner system integrations are a breeze and largely configurable. The result? You helped Urgently become the world’s leading mobility assistance company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1) First 2 months:
- Understand our platform development environment and philosophy
- Understand how we do partner integration
2) First 6 months:
- Understand the mission of the Partner Management system
- Take over the development of the existing Partner Integration
- Build features for our partners
- Involved in day to day challenges evolving in the partner management Monitor critical alerts and daily logs and own the analysis
- Candidate will be responsible for inducing himself towards maintaining the operability of the service in the production environment
WHO YOU ARE:
The ideal candidate for this role holds at least a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or a related technology field.
- In depth and demonstrable knowledge of Spring Boot, Spring MVC framework and Microservices architecture
- Expert knowledge of Java language and ecosystem
- Data structures and fundamental algorithms
- Hands on MySql and NoSql data systems
- Unit and system testing frameworks
- Detail Oriented:: As a senior/lead engineer, you excel at keeping detailed documentation of what you and your team is developing.
- Dedicated: You operate the services that you and your team develop and take the quality of them very seriously. You care about how your work is performing in the real world.
- Problem Solving: You proactively solve problems before they can become real problems. You are constantly upgrading your skills and applying that to be proactive about the current and emerging issues and practices.
- Technical Leadership: You are a technical leader and are always mentoring developers, designing and articulating the design to a team of developers.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with Apache SOLR / Elasticsearch
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with logistics software (delivery, transportation, route planning)
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- Location = Great news! You have the option of working from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada!
- Manager = You’ll report to Director - Partner Experience
- Compensation = Commensurate with experience for a company of Urgently’s size
- Benefits = At Urgently, we have awesome benefits! They include competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits and stock options which give you a stake in our company. In addition, we offer short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, approximately 10 holidays off every year and unlimited paid time off. On top of all this, Urgently gives you free money when you save through our 401(k). We match 100% on the first 3% you contribute and then 50% of the next 2% you contribute. So, if you contribute 5% of your paycheck, we’ll match 4% of that.
OUR FAIR HIRING PRACTICES:
At Urgently, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We are an equal opportunity employer which means that employment and advancement at Urgently is based on a person's merit and qualifications.
We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You should also know that we adhere to these same principles in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, access to benefits and training, discipline, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar applicable state laws. Please let us know if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process
For more information, visit www.geturgently.com