Urgently is the world’s leading roadside assistance platform. We expand mobility and transportation options for consumers, automotive, logistics, and technology companies. Analysts project travel miles to increase by one third globally by 2030 from new services which means more things breaking. We help fix those things by offering a seamless, end-to-end digital platform, viewable by every stakeholder in real-time.
URGENTLY IS PROUD THAT:
- We rank #6 out of 500 in Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 fastest-growing tech-forward companies in North America
- We rank #10 on the Financial Time’s 2020 list of fastest growing companies
- We rank #12 on the 2019 Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S.
- We are backed by BMW, Porsche, Jaguar Land Rover and some of the world’s other biggest mobility companies. We work with some of the coolest brands on the planet!
YOUR MISSION: Your mission is to lead the mobile app development. This means you will own the feasibility and delivery of new features and maintenance of React JS based mobile apps at Urgently
YOUR LEGACY: Your mission is to lead the mobile app development. This means you will own the feasibility and delivery of new features and maintenance of React JS based mobile apps at Urgently. The result? You helped Urgently become the world’s leading mobility assistance company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
1) First 2 months:
- Understand our existing mobile app design and architecture
- Understand how mobile App development environment and philosophy, and how it interacts with the rest of the service
2) First 6 months:
- Understand the mission of the mobile app team
- Enhance the mobile app architecture for performance and stability
- Optimize the code, ensure best coding practices are followed, and support the existing team in their technical hurdles
- Monitor and support the service providers using the app in the field
TECHNICAL MUST HAVES:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or a related technology field
- 7+ years in mobile web-development in similar environments
- Must have designed, developed and reviewed multiple architecture in Mobile and Mobile-Web along with integration with Back-end system
- Previous experience providing clients feedback on front-end strategy, framework selection and emerging technologies
- Expert architecture and code review
- Contribute to the development of our internal tools and reusable architecture.
- Integration experience between React JS, React Native and native (iOS and Android)
- Experience creating optimized code and performance improvement for production system and applications
- Unit and system testing frameworks, familiarity with Jest framework
- Must have Git experience
- Detail Oriented : As a lead engineer, you excel at keeping detailed documentation of what you and your team are developing.
- Dedicated : You own the apps that you and your team are developing and take quality very seriously.
- Problem Solving : You proactively solve problems before they can become real problems. You are constantly upgrading your skill set and applying those practices.
- Technical Leadership : You are a technical leader and are always mentoring developers as well as articulating the design to a team of developers.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with logistics software (delivery, transportation, route planning), RSA domain
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- Location = Great news! You have the option of working from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada!
- Manager = You’ll report to the Technical Manager
- Compensation = Commensurate with experience for a company of Urgently’s size
- Benefits = At Urgently, we have awesome benefits! They include competitive pay, medical/dental/vision benefits and stock options which give you a stake in our company. In addition, we offer short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, approximately 10 holidays off every year and unlimited paid time off. On top of all this, Urgently gives you free money when you save through our 401(k). We match 100% on the first 3% you contribute and then 50% of the next 2% you contribute. So, if you contribute 5% of your paycheck, we’ll match 4% of that.
OUR FAIR HIRING PRACTICES:
At Urgently, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and the communities where we operate. We are an equal opportunity employer which means that employment and advancement at Urgently is based on a person's merit and qualifications.
We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You should also know that we adhere to these same principles in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, access to benefits and training, discipline, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and similar applicable state laws. Please let us know if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process
For more information, visit www.geturgently.com